Friday 17 April 2009

Life begins again - After a Cardiac accident - Heart Attack.

The 29th of March saw me with a blood pressure reading of 17/12 and my partner calling the French emergency service number 15.

A Dr. and nurse arrived very quickly hotly pursued by an ambulance. Yes it had happened, a partial blockage of one of the arteries that feed blood to a muscle of my heart was giving me some discomfort and needed urgent attention. So we rushed off, with all sirens going for a 45 minute ride to Vichy, the nearest hospital with the specialized facility to deal with me.

I have begun to tell the story more fully in a separate blog, but it has a small place here too I think. Suffice it to say, the hospital staff did a great job and a stent was inserted about half an hour after i arrived. The result was an almost immediate relief from the distress I was in and me on the road to recovery........

I have now been home for ten days and feel very good. Need to take it easy and allow the heart muscle to repair, but should be as good as new in a few months as long as I do not get over confident and disturb the healing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment